44th ATPF CELEBRATION
The various contests related to the annual celebration of ATPF (Thai Association of French Teachers) were organized this year in October. LFIB teachers were part of the jury for all 5 contests and took part in the initial selection of video clips from student candidates, as well as the final selection held in person at the Assumption School on the morning of Sunday, November 19, 2023.
The objective of this event is to promote the teaching of the French language and culture and provide Thai students with the opportunity to showcase their language proficiency and creative skills.
At 5:00 PM, the ceremony of the 44th edition of ATPF was honored to be presided over by Princess Mahachakri Sirindhorn. The LFIB choir, consisting of students from 6th to 4th grade, performed one of the compositions of King Rama IX, “Kingdom of Siam” (แผ่นดินของเรา) in both French and Thai.
Our music teacher, Kru Thames, skillfully conducted the choir while accompanying our students with his violin. The performance was warmly applauded by the audience, composed of ambassadors, various French and Thai personalities, French teachers, students from Thai educational institutions, and LFIB parents.
Here is the list of jury members for the contests related to the annual ATPF celebration:
- Short Story Contest: Mr. Michel COLIN, Mr. Fabrice SEBBAN (1st and 2nd selections), and Mr. Sylvain GUILLAUME (1st selection), Ms. Sawarin WIROJCHOOCHUT (coordinator).
- Skit Contest: Mr. Alain GOUZY, Mr. Johan FRAYSSINHES, and Mr. Jean-François MABILLOT (1st and 2nd selections), Ms. Sojirat PAIREL (coordinator).
- Poetry Recitation Contest: Mr. Blaise FENART, Mr. Jean-François COUET (1st and 2nd selections), and Ms. Laure VAJTERSIC (1st selection).
- Eloquence Contest: Mr. Haroun BELKACEM and Ms. Fanette MORALES (1st and 2nd selections), Mr. Axel GAUTHIER (1st selection).
- Handbag Design Contest: Ms. Rapeeporn PEUDCHANTUK, Mr. Udomsab NILASOONTHON, and Mr. Laurent MOIGNE.
A big thank you to all the jury members of these various contests.