• LFIB relies on Sodexo’ skills. Sodexo is the world leader in the area of collective catering.
• In Bangkok Sodexo has partnerships with the Bangkok Hospital and with the Bumrungrad International Hospital, and in school domain. In AEFE’s establishments of the Asian area, it is present in Hong-Kong and Singapore.
• Composed of 20 persons, the Sodexo team proposes a safe cooking, with neither antibiotics nor additives (Mono Sodium Glutamate, preservatives,..) to the pupils.
• With regards to very strict specifications, Sodexo chooses its suppliers on precise criteria, and works in compliance with normalized hygiene standards (HACCP).
• Within a constant concern for food safety, any allergies have to be reported, so that the allergy doctor sets-up and individual hosting project, together with parents and LFIB.
• In the event of important allergies, families may be asked to provide a meal box.
• Sodexo guarantees nutless (any kink of nuts) and peanut less meals.
• Menus are elaborated by LFIB’s Sodexo manager, an ex-Chef, and by a certified nutritionist. Every month, they are studied and validated by the Canteen/Catering Commission.
• They are adapted to children’s nutritional needs, and are tasty, varied and balanced.
• In order to comply with food safety policy, meals are composed and cooked on-site.
• In a constant concern for traceability, the products used are mainly issued from Thailand. The canteen commission is regularly informed about the canteen suppliers and the standards they follow.
• Everyday, a balanced, attractive and identifiable menu (green smiley) is proposed to pupils. These suggestions are presented together with nutritional guidance, which are displayed on a screen within the large catering room.
• Special menus are proposed, once a month in average, on important Thai and French celebrations (Loy Kratong, Halloween, Christmas…) and on special events inside the establishment (exits, picnics).
Two catering rooms are available to the pupils :
• One catering room at Nursery school, hosting 170 pupils.
• One main catering room, hosting 260 pupils.
In order to be accompanied on lunchtime, pupils are taken over by the educative team, by levels, according to their autonomy degree :
• At 11 am, the whole Nursery school pupils are accompanied by their teachers to the catering room, and are supervised by Nursery Assistants through the whole meal.
• A food-tray is ready to use, and is composed according to Sodexo’s food and sanitary instructions, in accordance with the Canteen commission.
• Served quantities are adapted to their age and can be served again on demand.
.Meal duration is about 30 aand 35 minutes
•At 8:00a.m. Nursery school children are served a dairy products, Viennese pastries or fruit snack.
• From CP, a self service daily proposes to every pupil :
-Vegetables: soups and season vegetables
-Carbohydrates: rice, potatoes, semolina, pastas, noodle soups
-Proteins: fish, shellfish, eggs, meat
• An unlimited mini salad’bar is also available, including:
– 4 raw vegetables
– 3 fresh fruits
– 3 mixed salads
– 3 different homemade sauces
• Elementary school pupils may get to the self-service by themselves. Menus fit their energetic needs.
• At 11 am, CP and CE1 pupils are accompanied by their teachers to the canteen.
• CE2 and CM2 pupils take responsibility by going to the canteen by themselves, from 11:30 am.
College and Lycée
• College and Lycée students have lunch according to their time table, which is set in order to allow them at least 30 minutes for lunch.
• Collation: a trolley is daily available on the 3:00 pm break and proposes:
– Fruit Juices 100% (THB 20)
– Sandwiches (THB 25)
– Viennese pastries ( butter croissant THB 30 and Chocolate bread THB 40)
• The canteen is mandatory for kindergarten to grade three pupils.
• The rates in effect for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows:
– Kindergarten students: THB 17,740 per year,
– Elementary students: THB 17,740 per year,
– College students: 19,019.50 THB per year.
For any request or further information, please contact directly the parents of the canteen committee at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The canteen committee ensures, on behalf of the parents, the quality of the canteen service and mediates between the canteen manager and the parents.