Modern languages teaching at LFIB is tied to the Cadre Européen Commun de référence for languages (CECRL) according to the renovation plan for modern languages launched by the French Ministry of National Education in 2005.
Language policy at Secondary level
LFIB leads an ambitious language policy, according to AEFE’s Strategic Orientation Plan 2014-2017 (actions 17 to 20) et to the 2177 Circular letter “AEFE Language Policy: for a multilingual education“.
6 languages are taught at LFIB:
– French, whose fluency is prioritary
– Thai, host country’s language
– Mandarin Chinese
Three among these languages are taught from Primary classes: French, Thai and English.
LFIB proposes language training through mechanisms elaborated to allow the development of multilingual/multicultural skills and help pupils to create their own language success personalized path, according to their profile, their tastes and their orientation vows.
LFIB strongly encourages its pupils to validate their cursus passing the exams that are proposed by recognized external certification organizations:
• French DELF and DALF proposed by CIEP and Alliance Française
• English certifications proposed by Cambridge Esol
• Goethe Institute’s German certifications
• Instituto Cervantes’ Spanish certifications
• Mandarin Chinese certifications delivered by the People’s Republic of China (HSK)
Additionally to language timetables, LFIB proposes the following mechanisms :
French: FLE support and FLsco
Thai: mandatory training till 4ème):
– Groups of Thai, either 1 hour/week (Foreign language Thai),
– or 3 hours/week (Enhanced Thai),
– 2ND modern language discovery from 6e (Chinese, German, Spanish).
In order to make these mechanisms living ones, LFIB’s teachers propose stimulating projects to their pupils. The purpose is to develop pupils’ multilingual and multicultural skills.
LFIB advices pupils to consider exams according to their profile, orientation vows, and teachers’ recommendations.
Registration to exams is a chargeable one. It is on parents’ expenses and has to be done under their responsibility